If you're here, you're probably looking for a way to save money on your car rental from Enterprise. Well you're in luck! This article is the latest update on the best Enterprise promo code which you might also think of as a coupon code.
The goal is to get you as quickly as possible to the best car rental price whether using either Enterprise's official deals or corporate codes with a handy table to see all the information you need in one place and a button to take you there with one click.
If you love deals you should read these
- All car rental coupon codes in the market right now
- All the Budget BCD codes you need to save money
- The best National rental car discount codes
- Avis AWD codes for huge discounts
- Best Canadian credit cards for travel hacking
Where do I get the best deals on hotels?
- For the best prices on hotels and flexibility, I've been a huge fan of Booking.com. With their Genius program, which most people don't know about, I can get instant savings of 15% with many properties in their inventory. They also sporadically send out coupon codes to their members which is pretty sweet.
Table of Contents
Here's what we're covering:
- What is an Enterprise promo code?
- Observation about Enterprise prices and locations
- Compilation of Enterprise promo codes and coupon codes
- How to apply Enterprise promo code
- Other tips on saving money with Enterprise
- How do one-ways work?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Enterprise promo code?
A heads up!
We've recently had to remove corporate codes for a few brands but there is still a good selection of codes from several car rental companies. Thank you for understanding.
When it comes to discounts for Enterprise, it really comes down to entering one special number and this is what they either call a promo code or corporate account number. For all intents and purposes, they are one and the same because when you fill out the form, there's only one box.
These are essentially Enterprise coupon codes and they range from either special codes issued by Enterprise for public use or as corporate codes for companies or organizations.
One of the disadvantages of this simplicity is that you can only enter in one number as your promo code. Unlike the account number and coupon code system of National, there is no opportunity of stacking discounts.
If you'd rather not use coupon codes, make sure to try Discover Cars or RentalCars.com. These are search engines similar to Kayak and Skyscanner but for car rentals. They look at all car rental companies and provide the best rates so you don't have to look at each one, one at a time.
Read next: Yes, hotels have codes as well. Check out the best hotel corporate codes.
Observation about Enterprise prices and locations
You might not know this but Enterprise acquired National and Alamo car rental companies in 2007. The companies operate more-or-less independently as each one has it's own loyal customers, marketing strategy, and different branch footprints.
Similar to National, I've noticed that regular car rental rates without the use of promo codes is quite high.
Something I've noticed about National's pricing strategy is that without codes, their pricing is quite high compared to say Budget which starts off really low even when you don't use a BCD code.
However, when you plug in an account number, the prices fall dramatically to 1/3 of the original price or more.
Lastly, I've noticed that through the online portal, you cannot purchase supplemental liability, personal accident insurance, roadside protection, or personal effects coverage. All of those are offered at time of rental (at the counter) and the prices vary from location to location.
One of the big advantages Enterprise has is not only their large footprint in US and Canada but really around the world. In most big cities, you'll find car rental stores at the airport and in the city. There are some gaps in say South America, Africa, and Asia but in their family, I'd say Enterprise has the biggest foothold when compared to National and Alamo.
Sure there's some overlap but another advantage of Enterprise is that they service a lot more locations outside of the airport which means it gives you more options when it comes to pick up and drop off.
In case you're wondering, you can't cross car rentals between companies. This means you can't rent from Enterprise and return it at a National depot.
Get access to all car rental coupon codes
Simply subscribe to be an Insider and click the Download button. You'll receive a link to the Google Sheet which will allow you to make a copy and sort through the data yourself. Make sure you request access via Google. You'll also be enrolled in the weekly flight deal newsletter!
Compilation of Enterprise promo codes and coupon codes
Now this is why you came here. As loyal users of Enterprise, this is the complete listing of current and tested promo codes. I've broken them down between the official discounts offered by Enterprise and also the corporate account numbers.
Making it easy
To use the codes, simply click on the button on the right side of the table. Not only does this copy the code to your computer so you can paste it if you need to, the new tab it opens already has the promo code entered in so you don't have to do any extra work.
Enterprise promo codes
These are the current deals offered in the form of Enterprise promo codes. They change roughly every quarter or half year.
€2 / £2 France one-way rentals will be made available from pick-up locations located in the North of France and dropped off in the dedicated locations in the South of France. Offer is only valid at participating locations between 16.07.22 – 06.09.2022 for a maximum of 72 hours on selected ‘Mini' classed cars. Minimum driver age is 21+ for ‘Mini' cars, offers and vehicles subject to availability.
How to apply Enterprise promo code
Entering the Enterprise promo code or corporate account number is actually quite easy. Let me walk you through it.
When you land on the reservation page, once you start entering details for your rental including pick-up location and dates, you'll see a box revealed labelled as “Corporate account number of promotion code”. This is where you paste in the coupon code and when you're done, hit “Continue”. After this, the code's discounts will be applied to all of the proceeding screens and in fact you'll see what code it is and for what organization it's for at the top of your screen.
Other tips on saving money with Enterprise
Here are a couple of basic tips on car rental savings with Enterprise.
- Register for Enterprise Plus or Emerald Club – Interestingly enough, Enterprise allows you to accrue points with their home program which is Enterprise Plus or National's Emerald Club. With Enterprise Plus, you essentially earn points that you can convert to free rentals. If you plan on using both National and Enterprise, I recommend that you stick to Emerald Club so you can build up points in one place instead of two. The explanation of the cross-over can be found here (with exceptions listed).
- Try ‘You Click We Pick' – This is unique to Enterprise. Instead of picking a class of car, you let Enterprise do it based on availability. It's a bit of a spin of the dice but you could get a pretty sweet upgrade this way.
- If possible, rent from in the city – For cities where it's possible, those airport fees add up. They sneakily call it something ambiguous which is why you'll see Concession Recoupment Fee (11.11%), License Cost Recovery Fee ($1.05/day), Customer Facility Charge ($5/day), MV Rental/Tourism Tax (9.5%). In parenthesis are examples of the fees at SLC airport. In this example you're looking at $88.14 vs $27.42 in extra fees for a one-week rental. That's massive!
- Week rentals sometimes cheaper than 5 or 6 days – Discounts often kick in when you hit a full week so if you're close to that, try getting a quote for 7 days.
- Use credit card for car rental insurance – Instead of purchasing LDW, leverage your credit card for insurance. Make sure you read your policy beforehand to know what and how you're covered.
- Refueling service is never a good idea – Unless you think you're going to be in a crazy time crunch, always fill up the tank before you return the car. Even if they offer you a temping fuel plan, it'll always be more expensive than you filling it up by yourself.
How do one-ways work?
For Enterprise, one-way rentals are allowed however this usually comes at a price in 2 forms:
- Drop fee
- Increase on rate
Normally, the drop fee is reasonable (i.e. $166.54 for SLC to LAS). Where they really ding you though is when they build it into the base rate of the rental. I've seen base rates jump to near double the price for one-way rentals.
In order to avoid exorbitant one-way rental charges, look for Enterprise promo codes where I've indicated ‘One-way fee?' as “no”.
Can I do one way rentals between Canada, USA, and Mexico?
If you're looking to drive across borders, here's what you need to know:
Rentals Originating in Canada:
- Vehicles rented in Canada can be driven throughout Canada and the US.
- Vehicles cannot be driven into Mexico.
Rentals Originating in the United States:
- Rentals originating in the United States: Most vehicles rented in the US can be driven throughout US and Canada. Some vehicle classes like Exotics, Large Passenger or Cargo Vans, and other specialty vehicles may not be allowed to travel outside of the US. Please reach to the renting location directly for details on cross-border restrictions.
- Most locations do not allow travel into Mexico. If you wish to travel into Mexico, you will be required to purchase additional insurance to cover the vehicle while in Mexico. Please contact the branch directly to determine limitations and availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
One-way rentals are allowed with Enterprise. Prices increase when booking one-way and they come in the form of either 1) drop fee or 2) rate increase.
Sadly, they discontinued their program with AAA quite a number of years back. That said, their relationship with their Canadian counterpart is still alive and so if you have a CAA membership, make sure to get 5% discount.
Yes, Enterprise has corporate codes however they have gotten very strict in checking for ID.
What you should read next