Disappointed that we weren’t able to get tickets for the mecca of all Comic Cons in San Diego (SDCC) this year (don’t even get me started on that disaster), we ended up seeking alternate plans for my group of buddies. With my friend Jia living in New York City we decided to check out New York Comic Con (NYCC) this year.
Luckily, getting tickets for NYCC were a lot easier than SDCC but the whole ticket buying experience was riddled with mishaps. In the end we were able to snatch a Saturday pass for the convention and so this is a story of how 4 guys spent a rainy Saturday in New York and how it all went down in 3 easy lists and one giant gallery.
Read more about New York City
- Top Things to Do in NYC
- The Perfect Weekend in New York City
- Going Off The Beaten Path in NYC
- The Chobani Experience in New York
- Best Coffices in NYC
Looking for deals on travel?
- Latest travel deals – Bookmark the travel deals page which is updated daily.
- Car rentals – Stop getting ripped off and learn about car rental discount codes.
- Hotels – Use corporate codes or get Genius 2 tier with Booking.
- Flights – Have you ever heard of the “Everywhere” feature?
- Insurance – Make sure you’re covered and learn more about where to buy the best travel insurance.
Here's what we're covering:
Top 5 costumes at New York Comic Con
1) Han Solo in Millennium Falcon
3) Green Lantern
4) Ice Man and Kitty Pryde
5) Adam West Batman
5 things we did at NYCC
- Walked every single aisle of the Comic-Con
- Getting separated from the group numerous times because I got distracted with taking photos of people’s costumes
- Winning a box of dragon eggs at Olga Ganoudis Designs
- Waiting in line for 30 minutes to grab lunch at Starbucks
- Feeling the odd ones out for NOT having a costume
5 things we learned from our first New York Comic Con experience
- You really do need to get the 3-day pass here especially if you want to see any of the panels. You also have to realize that the convention floor is HUGE.
- If you want panel wrist bands, get to Javits Convention Center no later than 8AM
- Look out for San Diego Comic Con exclusive items resold in New York if you weren’t able to go to SDCC
- You have nothing to lose by trying your luck at any draws or contests that are happening at the con
- I swear at least 60%+ of folks at NYCC had costumes. You can tell that everyone put a lot of time into their costumes and were regulars.
NYCC in photos
What you should read next