If you’re looking for a hydration pack that uses an ingenious design that doesn’t require you to suck from the tube, but instead uses a special pressure-based pump, you need to check out Geigerrig.
Check out our other gear reviews
- Review of the Best Travel Tripod by Peak Design
- Must-Have Winter Gloves For Photographers
- Practical Camping Gift Ideas
- Kammok Arctos Ultralight Quilt
- Our Best Gear Reviews
How to find the best travel deals?
- Hottest deals – Bookmark the frequently updated travel deals page.
- Car rentals – Save the most money through car rental coupon codes.
- Hotels – Use corporate codes or get Genius 2 tier with Booking.
- Flights – Have you ever heard of the “Everywhere” feature?
- Insurance – Make sure you’re covered for all of your adventure activities with the best travel insurance.
Vide Review of Geigerrig Hydration Backpacks
10 reasons to love
Well there’s not really that much more to say on top of the video but here are 10 points that have made me really love the Geigerrig line of products:
- Amazing construction – Geigerrig has videos of the reservoir surviving bomb blasts and being run over by a car. Crazy stuff.
- Customer service is amazing – I did have some issues with my pump at one point and they were able to warranty it with no questions asked (even to Canada!!)
- Super handy and useful – Sharing water was always a pain with my old Camelback but now it’s way easier and has the added benefit of being able to rinse my hands or whatever else.
- No need to suck – It’s their tag line but honestly there’s a certain amount of fatigue that comes with the sucking and with this you trade it off with pumping but when you’re on the move and need water, the pressure is ready to go and away you squirt.
- Awesome accessories to go with it – I have the crypto-filter which was perfect for the canoe trip I went on this year. Drank out of lake water through the filter with no problem. I also have the garage which kept my mouthpiece warm while snowboarding. The tube insulation also made sure my tubes didn’t freeze up.
So there you have it! Definitely check out Geigerrig if you’re looking for a solid hydration backpack.
What you should read next