I thought I’ve seen everything in winter tubing. I was wrong. Tubing traditionally has meant sliding down a modest hillside of snow with your butt on a tire-sized tube. Quebec City’s Village Vacances Valcartier has taken that and amped it up 10x with massive drops, spin-o-rama’s, unconventional rafts, and air lifting bumps.
Turn into a kid again
I honestly don’t even need to sell it to any of you after you watch the video. This is the kind of place where grown adults turn into hysterical kids and screams turn just a little higher pitched than normal.
With names like Himilayas, Everest, Avalanche, Snow Rafting and Tornado, you know Valcartier isn’t messing around. What I loved about the whole experience was just how different each tube ride was.
I’ve never had this much fun tubing EVER.
Oh did I forget to mention that they have go karts…but on ice? Yes it exists! And thank goodness it does because now I know what it’s like to drift wildly out of control on the track.
While I’d like to say I was awesome with the go kart but I must confess that I spun out so many times. I really felt bad for the kid that had to find me every time to swing my kart back around.
Ironically you quickly learn that you really can’t drive fast because once you hit the corner there’s no way even those studded tires keep you in line. Granny driving prevails.
A full service village
Another great thing about Valcartier is that they have its own indoor village to tend to your every need when you need a break from having too much fun. The main building reminded me of Las Vegas in a lot of ways with their faux sky ceiling and its European chalet facades.
Need to know before you go
- Address – 1860, Valcartier Boulevard, Valcartier, Québec, G0A 4S0
- Phone – 418-844-2200
- Price list is below in the photo but for the complete listing see the price list.
- You may reserve tickets online but there are no cost savings in doing so.
- Note that ice go karting is extra at $4.35 + tax for 4 minutes
- You obviously want to dress for the winter temperatures here so make sure you have your layers but also have a good jacket and snow pants.
- I would highly recommend bringing ski googles or else your face will burn like mine.