Sorry, no content matched your criteria.
Turkey Travel Guide
A country rich in so many things whether it's history, culture, landscapes, cuisine, activities, or art.
Turkey is massive and has so much to explore. In between the Byzantine and Ottoman remnants you'll also find contemporary culture thriving. From the calls-to-prayers from the mosques to the crashing of waves along the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, the diversity is extraordinary.
This Turkey travel guide will help you plan your next trip and vacation.
Facts about Turkey
- Electricity - 230V, 50Hz,
- Currency – Turkish Lira (₺ TRY)
- $1 TRY = approximately $0.14 USD, $0.19 CAD, and 0.12€ EUR
- ATMs can be easily found and credit cards are accepted everywhere. You can get the best rates from the ATMs at the airport.
- Cellular - Turkey has 3 main providers (Turkcell, Vodafone, and Türk Telekom). Turkcell has the best coverage and all have pre-paid tourist packages .
- Tipping - Tipping not expected but welcomed if good service provided (5-10%)
- Unit of Measure - Metric (Celsius, Meters)