Why should you collaborate with Going Awesome Places?
Going Awesome Places focuses on providing its readers with actionable travel itineraries for places around the world. Blended with great storytelling, writing and photography, our ultimate goal is to disseminate itineraries, insider knowledge and wow-factor to readers in the trip planning phase.
Who is Going Awesome Places?
My name is William Tang, Chief of Awesome at Going Awesome Places.
I started this brand almost 9 years ago with the aim of helping and inspiring others to travel and we’ve stayed true to this course to this day with our incredibly detailed itineraries, travel guides, and packing lists. For more on how this journey started, make sure to head over to the About page.
At its core is the travel blog where you’re on today but this has gone to grow its bounds to social media and YouTube as well.
As a millennial, we’re connected with the generation’s desire to travel more authentically and want to forge our own path. We focus on outdoor adventure and experiential travel but it’s always so much more.
Yes, budget is on our mind but our content is all about balancing this with seeking those life-defining experiences. We also acutely understand that adventure is always accompanied by comfort and our yearning to understand local culture, meet people, and have delicious meals.
This is how I like to travel but how we work with brands and destinations goes even deeper so keep reading to find out more!
Here's what we're covering:
- Who is Going Awesome Places?
- Going Awesome Places Media Kit
- Examples Of Our Work
- Looking to promote on our e-mail newsletter?
- In The Community
- Why Are Partnerships Successful?
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Mentioned In
Going Awesome Places Media Kit
Download the Going Awesome Places media kit (Updated January 2022).
For a something live and up-to-date, head over to this dynamic media kit for Going Awesome Places.
Examples Of Our Work
Numbers and stats are great and all but what really matters is the actual work we’ve done over the years and the tangible impact we’ve made.
The below are a collection of some of our best and most recent work that range from all over. It demonstrates our breadth and experience so I encourage you to click around and go to the category that is most relevant to you.
Are you a destination?
We work with DMOs of all sizes in the creation of digital content that actually makes a difference.
- Travel Belize – Even the pandemic won’t stop us from helping promote destinations as seen with our participation of our first virtual press trip above.
- Destination Toronto – Host for numerous Instagram takeovers to highlight key events and businesses in Toronto.
- Tahiti Tourisme – Through collaboration with About DCI, we created a collection of in-depth content to inspire travellers on how to plan a trip to French Polynesia and how to do it on a budget.
- Visit Niagara – Multiple projects in 2019 and 2020 in the creation of video content on adventure in Niagara Region and where to see the fall colours. Video content was also commissioned by the tourism board for their own channels.
- Visit Richmond BC – SEO-optimized content on the blog and on YouTube to highlight the top things to do in Richmond, British Columbia.
- Experience Grand Rapids – An individual press trip that resulted in a detailed 4 day itinerary that now ranks when you search for “Grand Rapids 4 Day Itinerary”.
- Advantage Austria – The outcome of a one week press trip was this evergreen and first-page-ranking article on keyword “Austria 7 day itinerary” on Google (look for that top of fold snippet).
- Taiwan Tourism Board – “Live Like A Local” campaign in collaboration with Myriad Marketing with our 12 Days Taiwan video series that is available on YouTube but also on Amazon Prime as well.
- Ontario’s Highlands – Freedom Finder Route campaign that featured video and written content.
- York Durham Headwaters – featured writer in this article for this regional tourism board.
Are you a tour operator?
- Chile Nativo – Worked closely with this Torres del Paine tour operator to create a valuable review of their Riverside Camp accommodations.
- Alpaca Expeditions – Record setting sales conversions with Alpaca Expeditions through in-depth guides on how to plan an Inca Trail hike.
- Flying Kiwi – Campaign built to build their brand as an adventure bus company through a promotional video (on YouTube and their own website), behind-the-scenes video to further drive conversion, and lastly an SEO-optimized article on my Flying Kiwi review.
- Djed Egypt Travel – Another example of how we do an exceptional job of helping small local DMCs get their name out through a variety of mediums such as articles, video, and social media with the purpose of driving brand awareness and ultimately converting bookings.
Are you an accommodation?
- Hotel Las Torres – Collaboration with this Torres del Paine National Park all-inclusive hotel in Chilean Patagonia including walkthrough YouTube video, and review article.
- Elephant Plains – A perfect example of how we help a small lodge like this through a review article that clearly breaks down their key features from a third-party perspective and video that shows customers what it’s like to stay there.
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz – An array of videos demonstrates the power of YouTube with this video that has 17K views, the walkthrough with 12K, and our interview with the general manager.
- Le Meridien Bora Bora – This detailed property walkthrough is one of our fastest growing videos on the channel alongside our companion article.
Are you a brand?
- Peak Design – You can say that I’m a bit of a super fan. We’ve been creating incredibly detailed reviews of their products since the Everyday Backpack. Watch the full playlist of Peak Design videos.
- Kammok – Pioneering a new ambassador program with this outdoor adventure brand with videos and articles.
- American Express Canada – Affiliate partner where we’ve collaborated on articles such as this recent piece on the transformed Aeroplan and upcoming AMEX products.
- Victorinox – Collaboration with Victorinox via the agency YBIMC.
- Kanetix/RATESDOTCA – Facebook and Instagram livestream Chat, video hosting, and contest giveaway with Kanetix.ca
- Toyota – Through the influencer platform IZEA, we created video content to feature Toyota’s Towards Tomorrow installations in Toronto.
Since 2012 we’ve built an audience of 10,000+ readers that love everything travel. We usually write about travel tips, tricks, hacks, and overall how to travel smarter.
Want to sponsor my newsletter? Great! Here are a few details:
- 10,176 readers
- 44.46% open rate
- The audience is made up of travel enthusiasts
- Sent monthly
Our newsletter is part of the ConvertKit Sponsor Network, so everything will be handled by the team at ConvertKit. If you’re interested in working together, please fill out this form:
- Travel South USA – Spoke to a group of 24 representatives rom 21 destinations across The South about “How To Build A Successful Video Campaign with a Creator” as covered by EIN Presswire and PAX.
- Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC) – 2022 Best Photo Series 2nd Place for Iles de la Madeleine.
- Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC) – 2022 Best Emerging & Broadcast Media 3rd Place for 10 Things to do in the Magdalen Islands in the Winter
- Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC) – 2021 Nathan Fong Award 1st Place for Best of the Richmond Night Market
- Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC) – 2021 Best Emerging & Broadcast Media 3rd Place for Is Egypt Safe
- Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) – 2020 Canadian Chapter Best Places/Scenery Photos (Silver)
- Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) – 2019 Canadian Chapter Best Places/Scenery Photos (Silver and Bronze)
- Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) – 2018 Canadian Chapter #1 Best People Photo
In The Community
The amazing thing about travel is how supportive the community is whether online or in-person.
We personally believe that we are more successful when we help each other grow instead of treating everyone as competitors. How I do this is by giving back to the community.
- Chapter leader of Toronto Travel Massive – Responsible for organizing live and virtual events, moderator for Q&A events, and speaker.
Why Are Partnerships Successful?
Ultimately what we bring to the table is 10 years of experience in an industry that is every changing. Our success has been being able to adapt to changes, being dynamic, and not being afraid to try new things.
Another area that sets our work from others is that we value above all else the creation of content that has longevity. In other words, evergreen content should always be a core component to all projects.
Lastly, search engine optimization (SEO) is something that we encourage all brands to really hone in on when working with content creators. After all, what’s the point of creating content if your customers and prospective travellers can’t find. This is where we thrive.
The following are a sample of partnership opportunities available with Going Awesome Places.
- Product, property and site reviews
- SEO-optimized evergreen articles on travel topics, travel guides and full itineraries
- Video on the YouTube channel
- Organize contests and giveaways
- Hosting Twitter chats
- Television interviews
- Social media campaign support
- Social media account takeovers
- Interviewed by CardRates on the Going Awesome Places story.
- Featured on the IZEA platform promotional video.
It was a pleasure working with Will Tang on a campaign promoting activities in the Ottawa Valley, a region within Ontario’s Highlands. Will was very easygoing, flexible, and responsive all throughout the partnership. His video looked like a high quality production, and he delivered both an extensive blog and great social media coverage. Altogether, Will went above and beyond to make this campaign a successful one.Sara Dunbrook, Ontario’s Highlands
Will is what I would define as a true partner, and the pride that he takes in his work is crystal clear from day 1. From our very first meeting together in advance of our winter 2023 partnership, he asked meaningful questions and shared insights and experiences that elevated our campaign immediately and instilled confidence that what we were working on together had a clear vision and purpose. Will’s clear and open communication style is what set’s him apart and ensured that all businesses participating in the itinerary felt informed, involved, and empowered to put their best foot forward. You might notice that I’ve yet to mention anything about the execution of the itinerary or quality of the content produced (both fantastic), which I think is a testament to the amount of time and effort Will puts into planning and preparation. I highly recommend working with Will and look forward to following where he explores next!John Doherty, Banff & Lake Louise Tourism
For all other sponsorship, rate card, and PR inquiries, please contact us directly via the contact form.