The Inca Trail was hardship, incredible elation, stunning views, and a history lesson all rolled into one. From start to finish our eyes feasted on everything that came our way. What blew me away was just how dramatic the scenery was all around us and how diverse the the trail takes you through. From farm lands, to flat lands, mountain passes, jungle, cliffs, and stairs that never end, there was an abundance of terrain and climates.
There are way too many photos to show here but for the visual readers out there, I thought that this would be a great way to give you a sense of what the whole 4 day journey was like.
- Picking which Machu Picchu hike to do
- Review of Alpaca Expeditions for the Inca Trail trek
- 9 surprising things I learned about trekking the Inca Trail
- Why choose trek Salkantay trek over the others
Where to stay in the Cusco?
- If you’re looking for great places to stay, my recommendation is to take a look on Booking.com. For a really comfortable luxury stay, the Palacio Del Inka was incredible for us but on a budget, we equally loved the Hostal Illapa Inn. For our one night in the Sacred Valley, the Tambo del Inka was another Marriott property that blew us away.
Table of Contents
Here's what we're covering:
Got your gear and ready to go? Come along for the ride!
Get to the end of the post to find out how.
Hiking the Inca Trail with Alpaca Expeditions – A Visual Journey
Day 1 – Pumped
Day 2 – Morale Crushing Day
Day 3 – Finally An Easier Day
Day 4 – Magical Reveal
And there you have it! 4 unforgettable days. It wasn’t easy but 100% worth it.
Feel like planning your own trip? Make sure you check out my super complete guide of what you need to think about when planning your Inca Trail trip.
Book with Alpaca Expeditions
I highly recommend that you book with Alpaca Expeditions. They’re best in class and would recommend them to anyone. IF you want to know more, don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Alpaca Expeditions Promotion
If you’re looking to book with Alpaca Expeditions, mention that you were referred by “Going Awesome Places” and you’ll be able to get free walking sticks and sleeping pads. Also make sure to email me as well so I can resolve any issues that you may have.
How? When you fill out their booking form, their fourth page has two sections that you should fill in:
This is the best Alpaca Expeditions promotion and discount you’ll find on the market.