The Inca Trail was hardship, incredible elation, stunning views, and a history lesson all rolled into one. From start to finish our eyes feasted on everything that came our way. What blew me away was just how dramatic the scenery was all around us and how diverse the the trail takes you through. From farm lands, to flat lands, mountain passes, jungle, cliffs, and stairs that never end, there was an abundance of terrain and climates.
There are way too many photos to show here but for the visual readers out there, I thought that this would be a great way to give you a sense of what the whole 4 day journey was like.
Got your gear and ready to go? Come along for the ride!
Read more about South America
How to get the best deals in travel
- Hottest deals – Bookmark the travel deals page.
- Car rentals – stop getting ripped off and learn about car rental coupon codes.
- Hotels – Use corporate codes or get Genius 2 tier with Booking.
- Flights – Have you ever heard of the “Everywhere” feature?
- Insurance – Make sure you’re covered and learn more about where to buy the best travel insurance
Here's what we're covering:
Day 1 – To The Jungle!
Day 2 – Jungle Safari
Day 3 – Early Rising
Day 4 – A Rainy Goodbye
Pin It For Later!
Feel like planning your own trip? Make sure you check out my super complete guide of what you need to think about when planning your trip to the Amazon Jungle.
What you should read next