In your search for the best discount code for Best Western, we provide a full guide to how you can save money whether it’s through corporate codes, joining Best Western Rewards, price matching, special promotions, and more.
Read more travel hacking
- Best credit cards for Canadian travel hackers
- Best Avis car rental coupon codes
- How to avoid DHL customs fees in Canada
- Best travel hacking articles
How to get the cheapest price on your rental car
- If you love saving money on travel, then you’ll love the complete list of car rental discount codes – an essential bookmark for any trip.
Here's what we're covering:
- Best Western Discount Codes, Promos, and Corporate Codes
- Closing Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Western Discount Codes, Promos, and Corporate Codes
There are several ways to save money at Best Western that span discount codes, promotions, and corporate codes.
If you’re interested in seeing all of the hotel brands together, make sure to read our full guide to hotel corporate codes.
More about Best Western
Best Western is a family of hotels and resorts that has over 4,700 properties worldwide. They’re best known for being more of a budget-friendly brand but especially in Europe and Asia, Best Western has a better reputation than the 90’s motel vibe that you often get in North America.
They’re headquartered in Phoenix and built their brand in North America with now more than 2,000 hotels. Founded in 1946, they expanded to Canada in 1964 and then entered into Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand in 1976. In 2002, they launched in Europe and Asia with the Best Western Premier brand.
For most, Best Western is in a similar class to Hampton Inn by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard Marriott, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, Howard Johnson, and Motel 6. Similar to many of these, what we always appreciate about Best Western is that continental breakfast is almost always included.
What’s great about the Best Western brand is that it’s ultimately more affordable than its bigger brothers, making it ideal for those looking for longer stays such as business travelers, consultants, university students, and others.
Read next: If you want to see them all together, there is a compilation of all and the best hotel corporate codes.
Best Western portfolio
Today, they’ve consolidated a cohesive tiered system for Best Western: Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premier.
However, when you roll it all together, their portfolio really breaks down into the categories of economy, upscale, and luxury as they have more than just the Best Western brand.
- WorldHotels Luxury
- WorldHotels Elite
- WorldHotels Distinctive
- WorldHotels Crafted
- BW Signature Collection
- BW Premier Collection
- Best Western Premier
- Best Western Plus
- Best Western Hotel & Resort
- Sadie by Best Western
- Aiden by Best Western
- Executive Residency by Best Western
- @Home by BWH
- Best Western
- SureStay Signature Collection
- SureStay Plus
- SureStay Studio
How to save money with Best Western
With Best Western, there are 7 primary ways to find savings for a stay with the chain.
- Book directly – Like almost every hotel these days, Best Western wants you to book directly on their website and pay in full in advance. By doing so, they provide a discount.
- Stay longer – Best Western loves to reward travellers that stay longer and will often do this in the form of providing a gift card. Check their discounts and special offers page to see if this is available (it usually is).
- Best Western Rewards (BWR) – This is their loyalty program where one of its benefits is BWR exclusive member rates. As you accrue more points, you can redeem them for free stays. You can also pay for stays with a mix of cash and points. Status match is also incredibly easy if you have a higher-level status with another hotel chain like Hilton Honors or Marriott Bonvoy. At a minimum, you need to be a member because it’s free to join.
- Special promotions – Usually every quarter (Q1-Q4), they change up the promotions and share that on their deals page.
- Memberships and Special Status – If you are members of CAA, AAA, or AARP, or are seniors, there are permanent discounts. There are also discounts for members of the Military and Government.
- Corporate codes – If you are an employee of a company that are working with Best Western, there are special discounts available that can offer savings off the rack rate.
- Price match – For those that are willing to do the research, this could be a huge discount as Best Western has a Low Rate Guaranteed promise where they’ll give match and give you a gift card, even if it’s 1 dollar less!
Now let’s go into each one so you know how they work.
1 – Pay in advance
Hotel chains like Best Western love locking bookings in. This is why you’ll notice that the cheapest rate is usually the “Book Early and Save”-type of rates which are non-refundable.
We’ve compared these rates with other platforms like Expedia and Booking.com and have found that Best Western always has better rates on their website. This makes sense because they really try to avoid being beat by competitors (see price matching below).
2 – Stay longer
Quite unique to Best Western is that they love giving out gift cards and one of their classic promotions is to offer a $100 Best Western Gift Card when you stay longer.
To be eligible for this, you need to:
This promotion changes from time to time but it’s almost always there.
They also offer a rate called the “Rewards Member Multi Night Stay Promo” which may or may not be cheaper than the other rates they might have available when you book.
3 – Be a member
As you can see from the screenshot earlier, there are always Rewards Member targeted rates. That’s why it’s a no brainer to sign up to be a Best Western Rewards member since it’s free.
Here are the benefits of being in the Best Western Rewards program:
- Status levels provide bonus points for stays (Gold – 10%, Platinum – 15%, Diamond – 30%, Diamond Select – 50%)
- Points never expire
- Status match
- BMR exclusive member rates
- Redemption of points for stays
- Transfer to airline programs
At a baseline, even if you’re not going to be gunning for elite status, just being a base Blue member unlocks Rewards Member Rates.
4 – Special promotions
Throughout the year, Best Western has a rotation of promotion that at a minimum change every quarter of the year.
Most of the times, it’s stay longer related promotion but it can be something different like a friends and family rate for everyone.
Your best bet is to always check their discounts and special offers page.
Stay 3 Nights – Get a $100 Best Western Gift Card if you stay 3 nights. Make sure to register before you stay 3 nights from December 4, 2023 through February 4, 2024 at any Best Western in the US, Canada, or Caribbean Islands.
5 – Memberships
Similar to other hotel brands, Best Western also has discounts for various memberships and groups.
- AAA or CAA – If you’re a member of this auto group, you get access to discounted rates throughout North America. You’ll need to provide your AAA or CAA card at check-in. AAA and CAA members are automatically upgraded to Gold status by signing up through this page.
- AARP – AARP members can save 5%-15% throughout North America. You will be expected to provide your AARP membership card at check-in.
- Seniors – If you are 55+, you are eligible for discounted room rates. They don’t publish it but it should up to 15%. You’ll be expected to provide proof of age at check-in.
- Military – If you a military service member, you are eligible for 10% or more with their military rate. When you sign up for Best Western Rewards on this page, you’ll also get automatically upgraded to Gold Elite Status.
- Government – If you work for the government, you’re also eligible for savings of 10% or more. You’ll be asked to present official identification card or work orders at time of check-in. This also includes tax funded hospital and university personnel. We’ve seen discounts as high as 33% off in some cases.
6 – Best Western corporate codes
There aren’t many companies that have special discounts for Best Western but if you work for one of the companies below, you may be eligible for additional discounts.
Best Western corporate codes are similar to a few others where they don’t offer a fixed amount of discount. The posted rate is up to 19% off of the Flexible Rate for the hotels that participate and discount for Best Western is the same across the board.
However, in practice, the perceived discount will vary wildly because the Rewards Member rate (albeit non-refundable) is really good already. That’s why you’ll see in a lot of cases that the discount off the lowest rate is marginal at 2%, no discount, or more expensive.
All corporate rates have free cancellation 48 hours prior to 4:00 PM local hotel time. They are also eligible for the accumulation of Best Western Rewards points and status.
TIP: To make it easy to use, after clicking on “Check Prices”, the code itself will be copied to your clipboard so you can paste it in.
How to enter an Best Western corporate code
It is pretty easy to enter a Best Western corporate code when doing your search on their website.
From the homepage, once you start entering the location or selecting the dates, you’ll see a new section appear below. Click the dropdown under “RATES” and then select the “Corporate” radio button. This will reveal a field and you’ll be able to enter in your Best Western corporate code.
Make sure the results display or refresh by clicking on the “APPLY” button, followed by “FIND MY HOTEL” or “UPDATE”.
You can also add a corporate code in map view. On the lefthand side is a dropdown for “RATES” where you can follow the same steps as the search bar.
Does Best Western check for ID?
From reading other reports, it doesn’t sound like they are very strict on checking ID but your mileage may vary.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Badge or pass with the company name and picture
- Business card that includes your name and company
- Email (printed or on the phone) showing your e-mail address with the company name
Are corporate rates actually cheaper?
For the hotels that participate, the corporate rate discount is against the standard “Flexible Rate”.
Hotels want you to lock in your reservation with a non-refundable booking which is why you’ll often see discounts such as “Rewards Member Book Early and Save” that are even cheaper than the corporate rate.
As a result, not every single situation will mean the corporate rate is the cheapest.
That said, the advantage of using your corporate rate is that it always has free cancellation.
Check the latest Best Western discounts
The first place you should always look to see what’s happening is the page below.
7 – Price match
A sneaky way to save money is to take advantage of Best Western’s price-matching policy called Low Rate Guaranteed.
Here’s how it works. If you can find another site that sells the exact same room for a lower rate, even if it’s $1 cheaper, you can get Best Western to match it and on top, they’ll give you a $100 USD Best Western Gift Card.
This means comparing it with a number of sites such as:
To submit your claim, you have to fill out a “Low Rate Guarantee Claim Form” that can be found on their Low Rate Guaranteed page.
The main condition of price matching is this:
- The cheaper rate must be found on a website available to be booked by the general public within 24 hours of booking your hotel room on bestwestern.com.
- The lower rate has to be for the exact same criteria in terms of the hotel, room type, dates of stay, and guest occupancy.
- The different in rates must be equal to or greater than $1 USD.
- The competitor rate can’t be behind a password or login.
- Reservations booked within 48 hours of the hotel’s earliest published check-in time on the arrival date of the claim aren’t eligible.
After you fill out the claim form and it is verified, your rate will be adjusted and when you complete your stay, you’ll get a $100 USD Best Western Gift Card.
When it comes looking for a good discount code for Best Western, the most savings don’t necessarily come from corporate codes. The non-refundable rates for Best Western Rewards members can be quite significant.
Where your corporate right might have the edge is that the reservations can be cancelled. Make sure to do your research before you book, check for current offers, and see if you can hunt for a cheaper rate elsewhere so you can get that $100 Best Western Gift Card through price matching.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can collect points with Best Western Rewards points even if you use a corporate code.
Yes, they offer Low Rate Guaranteed where if you find a lower rate elsewhere, they’ll match it and give you a $100 USD Best Western Gift Card.
Best Western isn’t too strict on checking IDs but it is a good idea to have yours with you when checking-in.
All Best Western corporate codes offer the same discount of up to 19%.
What you should read next
Travel Resources For Your Next Trip
If you’re in the process of planning your trip and putting together your itinerary, these are genuinely the best resources that the Going Awesome Places team stands by 100%.
Airport Parking: You’ll need a spot to leave your car at the airport so why not book a spot at a discount. Use code AWESOME7 to get at least $5 off at Airport Parking Reservations or Park Sleep Fly packages.
Data: We’ve been a huge fan of wifi hotspot devices like PokeFi because their rates are so good and you can use it globally but recently, we’ve really loved using eSIMs. The best one is Airalo. Save money by getting region-specific eSIMs and use referral code WILLIA9500 to get $3 USD credit on your first purchase. Ubigi is another one that we’ve had success with where they uniquely offer 5G coverage. Use code AWESOME10 to save 10% on your first order.
Hotels: Our go-to is Booking.com because they have the best inventory of properties including hotels and B&Bs plus they have their Genius tier discounts. The exception is Asia where Agoda always has the best prices. TripAdvisor is also useful for reviews and bookings.
Vacation Rentals: Your first instinct will be to check Airbnb but we always recommend checking VRBO as well if you’re looking for a vacation rental.
Travel Insurance: Learn how to buy the best travel insurance for you. This isn’t something you want to travel without.
- Insured Nomads – Popular insurance provider for frequent travelers and comes with great coverage and special perks.
- RATESDOTCA – Search engine Canadians looking for the cheapest insurance including multi-trip annual policies.
- SafetyWing – A perfect fit for long-term nomads.
- Medjet – Global air medical transportation.
- InsureMyTrip – Best for seniors, families, and those with pre-existing conditions.
If you need more help planning your trip, make sure to check out our Travel Toolbox where we highlight all of the gear, resources, and tools we use when traveling.